Complete guidelines for preparing and submitting your manuscript to this journal are provided below. Use these instructions if you are preparing a manuscript to submit to International Journal of Society, Culture & Language.
International Journal of Society, Culture & Language considers all manuscripts on the strict condition that
- the manuscript is your own original work, and does not duplicate any other previously published work, including your own previously published work.
- the manuscript has been submitted only to International Journal of Society, Culture & Language; it is not under consideration or peer review or accepted for publication or in press or published elsewhere.
- the manuscript contains nothing that is abusive, defamatory, libelous, obscene, fraudulent, or illegal.
By submitting your manuscript to International Journal of Society, Culture & Language you are agreeing to any necessary originality checks your manuscript may have to undergo during the peer-review and production processes.
1. General guidelines
- Manuscripts are accepted in English. Any consistent spelling and punctuation styles may be used. Please use double quotation marks, except where “a quotation is ‘within’ a quotation”. Long quotations of 40 words or more should be indented without quotation marks.
- A typical manuscript will be between 5000 and 8000 words including tables, references, captions, footnotes, and endnotes. Manuscripts that greatly exceed this will be critically reviewed with respect to length.
- Manuscripts should be compiled in the following order: title page; abstract; keywords; main text; acknowledgements; references; appendices (as appropriate).
- Abstracts of 160 words are required for all manuscripts submitted.
- Each manuscript should have 5 keywords.
- Section headings should be concise.
- All authors of a manuscript should include their full names, affiliations, postal addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses on the cover page of the manuscript. One author should be identified as the corresponding author. Please give the affiliation where the research was conducted. If any of the named co-authors moves affiliation during the peer review process, the new affiliation can be given as a footnote. Please note that no changes to affiliation can be made after the manuscript is accepted. Please note that the email address of the corresponding author will normally be displayed in the article PDF (depending on the journal style) and the online article.
- All persons who have a reasonable claim to authorship must be named in the manuscript as co-authors; the corresponding author must be authorized by all co-authors to act as an agent on their behalf in all matters pertaining to publication of the manuscript, and the order of names should be agreed by all authors.
- Please supply all details required by any funding and grant-awarding bodies as an Acknowledgement on the title page of the manuscript, in a separate paragraph, as follows:
- For single agency grants: "This work was supported by the [Funding Agency] under Grant [number xxxx]."
- For multiple agency grants: "This work was supported by the [Funding Agency 1] under Grant [number xxxx]; [Funding Agency 2] under Grant [number xxxx]; and [Funding Agency 3] under Grant [number xxxx]."
- Authors must also incorporate a Disclosure Statement which will acknowledge any financial interest or benefit they have arising from the direct applications of their research.
- For all manuscripts non-discriminatory language is mandatory. Sexist or racist terms must not be used.
- When using a word which is or is asserted to be a proprietary term or trade mark, authors must use the symbol ® or TM.
2. Style guidelines
- Section Headings
- Original Research Papers:
- Theoretical Framework
- Discussion/ Concluding Remarks
- *For qualitative studies, sections 1, 2, and 5 are necessary to be included.
- Chapter I
- Chapter II
- Last Section: Concluding Remarks
- Case Studies: Like original research papers
- Font size: The text should be double-spaced throughout and with 1 inch page margins.
- In text: Times New Roman 11
- Level I headings: bold font, Times New Roman 12
- Level II headings: bold font, Times New Roman 11
- Level III headings: Italic font, Times New Roman 11
- Please provide the highest quality figure format possible. To improve the print and online display, please ensure that all figures and graphics are supplied at the appropriate resolutions listed below:
- Minimum 1200 dpi for line art; Minimum 600 dpi for greyscale; Minimum 300 dpi for color.
- Figures must be saved within the text. Please embed figures in the manuscript file.
- Files should be saved as one of the following formats: TIFF (tagged image file format), PostScript or EPS (encapsulated PostScript), and should contain all the necessary font information and the source file of the application (e.g. CorelDraw/Mac, CorelDraw/PC).
- All figures must be numbered in the order in which they appear in the manuscript (e.g. Figure 1, Figure 2). In multi-part figures, each part should be labelled (e.g. Figure 1(a), Figure 1(b)).
4. Publication charges
There is no submission fee for International Journal of Society, Culture & Language.
There are no page charges for International Journal of Society, Culture & Language.
5. Reproduction of copyright material
If you wish to include any material in your manuscript in which you do not hold copyright, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner, prior to submission. Such material may be in the form of text, data, table, illustration, photograph, line drawing, audio clip, video clip, film still, and screenshot, and any supplemental material you propose to include. This applies to direct (verbatim or facsimile) reproduction as well as “derivative reproduction” (where you have created a new figure or table which derives substantially from a copyrighted source).
You must ensure appropriate acknowledgement is given to the permission granted to you for reuse by the copyright holder in each figure or table caption. You are solely responsible for any fees which the copyright holder may charge for reuse.
The reproduction of short extracts of text, excluding poetry and song lyrics, for the purposes of criticism may be possible without formal permission on the basis that the quotation is reproduced accurately and full attribution is given.
Manuscripts for consideration should be uploaded here.
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you carefully read and adhere to all the guidelines and instructions to authors provided below. Manuscripts not conforming to these guidelines may be returned.
A ‘cover sheet’ with the following information: full name, institutional and email address, telephone number, a biographical note should be submitted in a separately from the main manuscript file.
The manuscript should be submitted in a WORD file (formats .doc or .docx) including the full title, abstract, figures, tables, and appendices.
Peer review policy
The International Journal of Society, Culture & Language operates a double-blind reviewing policy in which the reviewer’s name is always concealed from the submitting author and vice versa.
By submitting a paper for review, the author, as the rights holder, agrees to grant to IJSCL the publication rights. This means that the author retains copyright in the work, but they grant IJSCL the sole and exclusive right and license to publish for the full legal term of copyright.
Proof of acceptance
After acceptance, we will email a PDF of the proofs to the corresponding author.
Copyright and authors' rights
To assure the integrity, dissemination, and protection against copyright infringement of published articles, you will be asked to assign us, via a Publishing Agreement, the copyright in your article. Your Article is defined as the final, definitive, and citable Version of Record, and includes: (a) the accepted manuscript in its final form, including the abstract, text, bibliography, and all accompanying tables, illustrations, data; and (b) any supplemental material hosted by Taylor & Francis. Our Publishing Agreement with you will constitute the entire agreement and the sole understanding between you and us; no amendment, addendum, or other communication will be taken into account when interpreting your and our rights and obligations under this Agreement.
Free article access
International Journal of Society, Culture & Language quickly and easily gives anyone free access to the electronic version of the articles for free.
Any correspondence, queries or additional requests for information on the Manuscript Submission process should be sent to the Editorial Office as follows:
E-mail: ijscl.editorial [at] yahoo.com